Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ides of March - one more day to the Walkathon


There is a newly elected Pope, China has a new President Xi Jinping and a new leader for the Communist Party, the former Leader of the Khmer Rouge Iang Sary is now deceased and European Union leaders are wrestling with austerity as they gather in Brussels to discuss their fears and concerns. These momentous events are all happening in a very interesting time in the Roman calendar - the ides of March.
 
It's amazing how a zillion different events happen at the same time every where - the interconnectedness of our world and the vastness of life never ceases to amaze me.
 
 Meanwhile, in my world, the count down accelerates and it's one more day to Walkathon and all I can remember is my high school walkathon and how much fun it was stopping at refreshment tents for icy cold milo drinks. The weather today is nice and sunny and very breezy where I live. I am sure that if my compound was the ocean and my home was a ship with sails, there would be enough wind to carry this vessel to the next port. If only there was guava juice nearby as I am dying for some cold fruit juice, not the kind out of packets but blended fresh fruit.

One of the best bits about living in a country where it is summer all year around, is that there is an abundance of fresh fruit. The smell of freshly cut lawn, and chirping of birds fills the air. In less than 24 hours, we will begin the Walkathon, I am not excited and neither am I dreading it, now.




No comments: