Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Walkathon - 3 days to go

 March 13th, 2013
Yes, I am not looking forward to walking 10km as I am unfit and not physically active. I am dreading the walk but am glad that the walk will start from 5am before the crack of dawn. At least, it won't be ridiculously hot and I am making a mental note to psyche myself up for the walk.

The walkathon is a community fundraiser and is for a good cause. I am glad that I will have Julz and Loi to walk with me so that will keep us busy chatting and walking. I miss Julz and have'nt caught up with her in ages.

I am also grateful to all my sponsors who have committed to giving funds to the Drive whilst I walk. My one consolation is that I will now be able to test my canvas which has only seen the gym once since I bought it earlier this year. I hope there will be checkpoints and refreshments as I am sure I will be like "dead on arrival". The walkathon is a fundraising initiative for a Capacity Building Camp during the Easter Weekend in Novotel, Lami which will see Oceania converge.

No comments: